JOB KEEPER PAYMENT
Eligible employers will be able to obtain a subsidy of $1,500 per fortnight per employee from the 30/03/2020 if their turnover will be reduced by more than 30% relative to a comparable period a year ago (of at least a month)
To be eligible:
- Must have been in an employment relationship with the employee at the 01/03/2020.
- Provide information to the ATO on eligible employees via the STP system.
- Ensure that each eligible employee receives at least $1,500 per fortnight before tax, and if less then pays a top-up to this amount.
- Any top-up amount to $1,500 is not subject to SGC superannuation.
- Are currently employed (including those that have been stood down or re-hired) and are full-time or part-time workers or long-term casuals who have been with their employer for at least 12 months.
- Are 16 years or older.
- Are Australian citizens or residents.
- Backpackers and job seekers are ineligible.
Sole Traders and Non-Employing Businesses
- Can register and be eligible to receive one set of $1,500 for a member of the business, however must provide monthly updates to the ATO to declare eligibility (turnover <70% of normal).